Halloween is almost upon us! Before the Jack-o-Lanterns are put out and the candy is all given out, a new King of Halloween will be crowned! Today, October 20, 2014 marks the launch of our latest Thrill Weekly Poll that chooses the winner of the Thrill Weekly Awards for 2014 in the category of Best Halloween Event.
We have nominated several Halloween Events and haunted attractions that we feel best encapsulates the Halloween spirit. Whether it’s trick or treating and costumes, or good old fashioned scares and nightmares, the top Halloween events are listed here for our readers and fans to vote on. All will enter as the best in their field, but only one will exit as the King of Halloween!
We have two categories for King of Halloween: Theme Park and Non-Theme Park. Both categories offer different types of scares, and completely different audiences. Last year the Best Theme Park Halloween Event went to Knott’s Berry Farm for Knott’s Scary Farm, while Best Non-Theme Park Haunt went to Nightmare New England.
Here is the remaining schedule and list of polls we will be doing:
- Oct 20 – Oct 26: King of Halloween
- Oct 22 – Nov 18: Park of the Year Regional Voting
- Oct 22 – Oct 28: Park of the Year – Region 1
- Oct 29 – Nov 4: Park of the Year – Region 2
- Nov 5 – Nov 11: Park of the Year – Region 3
- Nov 12 – Nov 18: Park of the Year – Region 4
- Oct 27 – Nov 2: Best Family Friendly Park
- Nov 3 – Nov 9: Best Food Destination
- Nov 10 – Nov 16: Attraction of the Year (Finals)
- Nov 17 – Nov 23: – Best Theme Park Website
- Nov 24 – Nov 30: No Voting in observance of Thanksgiving Holiday
- Dec 1 – Dec 7: Water Park of the Year
- Dec 8 – Dec 14: Park of the Year (Finals)
- Dec 15 – Dec 21: Santa’s Pride – Best Christmas Event
- Dec 22: All voting will be completed, No voting in observance of Christmas/New Years Holiday
- Jan 5: Winners will be announced
Halloween is the favorite time of year of many, and Halloween Events around the country celebrate that fact in many different ways. It’s our pleasure to allow fans, readers and everyone in the community the chance to vote for those they think are the best, and give them the crown of the King of Halloween!
We thought that you may be interested in voting for your favorite Halloween Event and getting the word out about the polls to your community, fans, and readers. Voting continues with a new weekly poll until December 21st, when the final poll, Best Christmas Event will be completed. The winners will be announced January 5th. There are no physical awards, but there are the bragging rights of being named the best by the people who attend and love theme parks, or may be planning to attend a theme park.
To vote for your favorite Halloween Event, or to learn more about the Thrill Weekly Awards and Thrill Weekly Awards, visit the 2014 Thrill Weekly Awards page.