The crew talks about the end of splash mountain, return of Indiana Beach, Dragon Slayer announcement and some really good listener feedback questions.
Tagged: Magic Kingdom
Walt Disney World today announced the “Coolest Summer Ever” event which will take place during the whole summer. Included in this is the major announcement was The 24 hour day at Magic Kingdom. From 6am May 22nd to 6 am May 23rd the Magic Kingdom will be open for its guests to enjoy all of the fantastic attractions. This year to no surprise will be Frozen themed. It will be hosted by Olaf the Snowman and will Kick off the start of the summer season. With frozen involved this truly will be the “Coolest Summer Ever” at the resort.
Also The Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is returning for its second season, Including the end of the night Frozen fireworks show. This will run June 17th – September 7th.
Walt Disney World Resort will kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” with 24 hours of nonstop fun during a special event May 22-23 at the Magic Kingdom, hosted by Olaf, the summer-loving snowman from Disney’s blockbuster animated hit “Frozen.”
To announce the 24-hour event and the cool summer season, Disney today brought to life a warm summer scene inspired by Olaf’s dream, creating a 20-foot-wide beach complete with a Cinderella Castle made of sand in the middle of winter-weary Boston.
Surprised pedestrians near historic Faneuil Hall were greeted by Olaf and joined by playful beach-goers in summer attire with beach chairs and beach balls – all reminders of an exciting season of fun ahead at Walt Disney World Resort and a welcome relief from the city’s near-record snowfall approaching nine feet.
24-Hour Kickoff to Summer Travel
Memorial Day weekend is the traditional start of family vacation time, and Walt Disney World Resort will launch into the season full force. The Magic Kingdom will be open 24 hours to guests from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m., Friday May 22 to Saturday, May 23*. Guests will be invited to come in costume** to show their Disney Side while a selection of favorite attractions, entertainment, special event merchandise, plus food and beverage are on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort.
The around-the-clock celebration features Disney character greetings, dance parties and surprises into the wee hours of the night.
‘Coolest Summer Ever’ Brings Excitement Throughout Walt Disney World Resort
During the “Coolest Summer Ever,” with Olaf as the official host, Walt Disney World guests can get their cool on all summer long at four theme parks and two water parks.
Among the highlights:
- Frozen Fun – “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.
- Cool Thrill Rides – Guests will find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. Don’t-miss attractions include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom; Test Track presented by Chevrolet and Soarin’ at Epcot; Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars Weekends – Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will find stars from another galaxy during Star Wars Weekends May 15-June 14.
- New Restaurants and Shopping – Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.
- Epcot Entertainment – New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, which also brings a fresh summery twist on a fan favorite, Voices of Liberty.
- A Splash at Water Parks – A cool new deal doubles the fun at Disney’s two iconic water parks – Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach. Purchase a one-day water park ticket and park-hop between the two water parks in the same day that both are open.
For more information, visit Disneyworld.com/CoolestSummerEver.
The Legend is back from his cruise, and Drew left for Jamaica. Clint quits his job and becomes a professional podcaster (does not make the show better). We talk about Kings Islands new ride, Wild Adventures new ride, Skline Attractions new ride, Toyko Disneylands new rides. We talk a lot about new rides.
Fire work embers caused a small fire at the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride at Walt Disney World over the weekend. The ride was shutdown for a few hours while the ride was inspected. The ride opened the same day.
Corbin Bleu of Disney’s High School Musical Movies proposed to his girlfriend Sasha Clements in front of Cinderella’s Castle during fireworks. According to Bleu’s reps on October 14,2014 he proposed by slipping the ring into a glass slipper during the fireworks show. Corbin 25 and Sasha 24 have been dating since 2011 meeting in a Toronto grocery story.
Disney rounds out the number one position for the number of injuries reported in the third quarter of the year with 12 people reporting a serious injuries. Disney injuries included four at the Magic Kingdom the guest that lost the finger tips in July at the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride. A women with Chest Pains at Big Thunder Rail Road. And two sick guest at Space Mountain. Hollywood Studios had four guests illness a 71 Year old man on the Great Movie Ride that lost consciousness . Two on the tower of terror from preexisting conditions and one man with chest pains on Star Tours. Two guest experienced loss of consciousness at Animal Kingdom. And rounding out Disney two at Epcot a 63 year old that fractured a bone on Nemo and Friends and one chest pains on Test Track.
Universal had one employee injury at wet and wild that OSHA is still investigating. While having one guest get motion sickness Hollywood Rip Ride Rockets and a headache on The Simpsons Ride.
The final Orlando parking reporting data is a migraine from Kraken at SeaWorld.