Legend and Drew share this weeks childish adventures, the disney ban on selfie sticks, possibly the craziest flat ride ever and take some questions
Tagged: Walt Disney World
Today was Walt Disney’s annual shareholder meeting. During the event, Bob Iger Disney’s CEO was asked if Hollywood Studios would ever change its name. Bob quick to answer responded with “It’s not announced. We used to be MGM Studios, we changed to Hollywood Studios and we’re doing some significant work there right now that I guess will result in a name change,”. In January 2008 Disney – MGM Studios was re-branded into Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Big things are sure to come for this half day park with the addition of a third track to Toy Story Midway Mania, the recent closings of The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow, Studio Backlot Tour, and The American Idol Experience and the removal and destruction of Sourcer’s Hat, There are several rumors include a Star Wars Land, and a Toy Story Playland for upcoming major expansions. Those two things could be the “Significant work” that Iger was alluding to.
Walt Disney World today announced the “Coolest Summer Ever” event which will take place during the whole summer. Included in this is the major announcement was The 24 hour day at Magic Kingdom. From 6am May 22nd to 6 am May 23rd the Magic Kingdom will be open for its guests to enjoy all of the fantastic attractions. This year to no surprise will be Frozen themed. It will be hosted by Olaf the Snowman and will Kick off the start of the summer season. With frozen involved this truly will be the “Coolest Summer Ever” at the resort.
Also The Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is returning for its second season, Including the end of the night Frozen fireworks show. This will run June 17th – September 7th.
Walt Disney World Resort will kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” with 24 hours of nonstop fun during a special event May 22-23 at the Magic Kingdom, hosted by Olaf, the summer-loving snowman from Disney’s blockbuster animated hit “Frozen.”
To announce the 24-hour event and the cool summer season, Disney today brought to life a warm summer scene inspired by Olaf’s dream, creating a 20-foot-wide beach complete with a Cinderella Castle made of sand in the middle of winter-weary Boston.
Surprised pedestrians near historic Faneuil Hall were greeted by Olaf and joined by playful beach-goers in summer attire with beach chairs and beach balls – all reminders of an exciting season of fun ahead at Walt Disney World Resort and a welcome relief from the city’s near-record snowfall approaching nine feet.
24-Hour Kickoff to Summer Travel
Memorial Day weekend is the traditional start of family vacation time, and Walt Disney World Resort will launch into the season full force. The Magic Kingdom will be open 24 hours to guests from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m., Friday May 22 to Saturday, May 23*. Guests will be invited to come in costume** to show their Disney Side while a selection of favorite attractions, entertainment, special event merchandise, plus food and beverage are on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort.
The around-the-clock celebration features Disney character greetings, dance parties and surprises into the wee hours of the night.
‘Coolest Summer Ever’ Brings Excitement Throughout Walt Disney World Resort
During the “Coolest Summer Ever,” with Olaf as the official host, Walt Disney World guests can get their cool on all summer long at four theme parks and two water parks.
Among the highlights:
- Frozen Fun – “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.
- Cool Thrill Rides – Guests will find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. Don’t-miss attractions include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom; Test Track presented by Chevrolet and Soarin’ at Epcot; Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars Weekends – Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will find stars from another galaxy during Star Wars Weekends May 15-June 14.
- New Restaurants and Shopping – Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.
- Epcot Entertainment – New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, which also brings a fresh summery twist on a fan favorite, Voices of Liberty.
- A Splash at Water Parks – A cool new deal doubles the fun at Disney’s two iconic water parks – Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach. Purchase a one-day water park ticket and park-hop between the two water parks in the same day that both are open.
For more information, visit Disneyworld.com/CoolestSummerEver.
Drew The Intern is at Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World to say goodbye to the Big Ass Hat, he also wears a fancy sweater and plays with Frozen dolls
Drew and Legend talk about Gwazi closing and the ropes course tragedy before reminiscing on all that was the year 2014.
Constructions worker working on the ongoing renovations to Swam Resort found a suspicious device on the 7th floor. The Orange County bomb squad respond around 10am on October 21,2014 and determined that the device was a hoax and not a real bomb. Disney is currently renovating 200 room on the 2-12th floors so there was minimal disturbance to hotel guest.
Good news if you have an IPhone 6 you can now use it to make purchases at Disney World. With the release of Apples IOS 8.1 users can now use Apple pay. Disney World is excited to be the first Theme park to use this technology. Apple pay uses NFC(near field communication) to transmit a selected payment card to the merchant. NFC is the same technology that My Magic bands use so Disney world had the technology and infrastructure in place to support it.
Corbin Bleu of Disney’s High School Musical Movies proposed to his girlfriend Sasha Clements in front of Cinderella’s Castle during fireworks. According to Bleu’s reps on October 14,2014 he proposed by slipping the ring into a glass slipper during the fireworks show. Corbin 25 and Sasha 24 have been dating since 2011 meeting in a Toronto grocery story.
Another long show for everyone to check out. Clint talks about meeting Braedon, Kings Dominion Haunt, Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream, and being on TV. Legend and Drew talk about Orlando parks along with the closing of Maelstrom. We go over some news including a possible 2016 attraction at Busch Gardens Tampa, Pinks Hot Dogs closing at Knotts Berry Farm, more on the fight at Six Flags America, and some news about the Fun Spot Orlando